Welcome to the Pelican-Pictures Website, my name is Tim Jacob a Nature and Wildlife Photographer.
As a young boy growing up in Houston Texas my curiosity towards nature was always there. That inspiration from being outside with nature is a motivator in my photography.
The secret to good photography is allowing each photo to stand on its own reality!
During my travels I have acquired some amazing photos. I made the decision to promote my photography talents and skills through several channels. Making friends in the art world, networking, years of hiking, scouting locations, taking many photos and exhibiting my photos at various galleries.
It’s been a long journey to get to this point.
There are some moments that have left a impression in my life they are;
- That great Sunrise that leaves you in awe the rest of the day.
- Amazing blast of color during Spring when everything is alive.
- Seeing the majestic trees in the Hoh Rain Forrest within (Olympic National Park) makes mankind so insignificant in so many ways.
- The spontaneous thing your pet will do for the first time that will make you laugh.
- Watching Dolphins playing with a fish like a ball, a hour of pure joy to see this I must say.
- Taking pictures of animals in the wild you get to see their habits, joys, and their personalities as well.
The photos that were selected from my portfolio were taken in the Lone Star State and abroad.
A Special Thanks go to my parents Betty and Mervyn Jacob for their support of my photography and teaching me to cherish and respect nature.
Thank You to Professional Photographer Tom Murphy for the inspiration through his photos and returning my phone call late one night and answering all of my questions and concerns on being a nature and wildlife photographer.